Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Captured Glory Photography



Years ago, the idea of Captured Glory Photography was simply a distant dream lost in the mind of a photography lover. Unpredictable life events required the dream to be put on hold, abandoned and forgotten at times. Once the dream was hung up on the shelf, it began to transform and change into something bigger and better than my human brain could ever concoct. This dream became a calling - an outlet to express my creativity, my love for people and more than anything, my genuine adoration for the Creator of all things. Here and there, connections were made, those connections became future clients and God opened doors, which have led to where I am now: owning my own photography business. It's hard to believe; sometimes I feel like I'm still dreaming. Other times, it's trying. I doubt my giftings and question my adequacy - my sweet mentor has had to remind me that "comparison is the thief of joy" all too often. Overall, I'm learning to trust God's timing and development in this business venture. He is the one I ultimately wish to serve through this adventure; therefore, I will look to His sustenance and sovereignty.


    Yesterday, I finalized my logo with the help of a wonderful friend. It's another piece to the puzzle, another step on the journey of owning this business. My friend and I collaborated and came up with a logo that I am more than overjoyed with! She was able to incorporate a hidden meaning within it - one that reflects the foundation of this business. Within the ornate "O" of "Glory" are the numbers 96:3, representing Psalm 96:3 - "Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!" This is exactly what I hope to accomplish: capturing the glory, creation, beauty and majesty of God within His creation. Whether or not my clients are believers does not matter - I have opportunities to photograph the day two become one, a new life is welcomed into the world, a senior graduates, true love is expressed and other major milestones that all speak of brilliant beauty so out of this world.


   Needless to say, I'm living a dream and cannot to see how it progresses. I'm learning to be content with the dream in it's present form, trusting God with it's longevity and impact.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you sweet girl. The Lord has done a great work in that beautiful heart of yours.

    ReplyDelete