Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reading



It's decided: I am a book worm. The scene in Disney's Beauty and The Beast where the Beast gives Belle a huge library - book shelves from floor to ceiling packed FULL of books - would be a dream come true for me:


While that amount of books may be slightly overwhelming and may take more than a lifetime to get through, how cool would it be to have that many books at your finger tips? Seminary is a sweet blessing when it comes to never running out of things to read. While reading for class takes up the majority of my reading time, I try to set aside time for reading of my choice, as well. I am currently reading and/or will be reading the following list: Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne, Contemplative Youth Ministry by Mark Yaconelli, The Great Omission by Dallas Willard, Lioness Arising by Lisa Bevere and Forgotten God by Francis Chan. I cannot wait to crack open these books and absorb all the information, lessons and outlooks on life and faith they have to offer.

This short and slightly nonsensical rant about my passion for reading is a post of thanksgiving - i am so thankful for the written word. I am so thankful for the access i have to books - gosh i don't ever want to take this resource for granted! I am so in awe of the power behind the written word, the power of speech and the ability we have to put mere symbols/letters together to make words and sentences and stories and books, which allow us to COMMUNICATE. I am beyond thankful for the Living Word that serves as the backbone, foundation, guidance, direction, way to true life. Thank You, Lord.

1 comment:

  1. ahh i totally agree katy!
    love reading, love words and most of all God's word! I love that first picture =)

    ReplyDelete