Monday, March 8, 2010

Empty Me

"Holy fire, burn away
my desire for anything
that is not of You
and is of me
I want more of You
and less of me."

I have a challenge for you. Or maybe a request. Ready? Listen to this song. Empty me by Jeremy Camp. If you can find the acoustic version, that's all the better.
Ignore the video, just focus on the words. Find a quiet place, and dwell. Spend time with the Lord.
Allow this song to be the cry of your heart. May we lessen so the Lord can increase.
May we empty us of ourselves and let the Lord fill us. May this song ring through our entire beings
and be our prayer. Less of me. Less of me. Burn away my desires so that Yours may reign true.
Become our all consuming fire God. Consume us. But truly let the words sink in,
allow the words to become your prayer. A prayer that you pray with each breath. More of You,
God. More of You. Flood our hearts, empty us of ourselves.Burn away anything that is not of
YOU. ANYTHING. My heart is breaking under the weight of me.Take it and replace it with You.
Your desires, Your heart, Your thoughts, You.

"Empty me, empty me
Fill, won't you fill me
with You. With You
I want more, I want more of You, Jesus
Thank you, Jesus"


"If you cling to your life, you will lose it, and if you let your life go, you will save it" -Luke 17:33

No comments:

Post a Comment