Friday, February 12, 2010

Engaged!!!!


What a joyful, beautiful season my roomie and one of my dearest friends, JODI is entering into! Last night (Thursday, February 11) Grant, Jodi's lovely fiance, PROPOSED! Finally - the moment she had been waiting for and dreaming of actually happened! :) When she called, Rachel and i were doing homework and watching tv - Jod had NO IDEA that it was happening last night (props to Grant for surprising someone so intuitive ;P). She left the apartment to see a movie with her boyfriend and came back with a fiance! Oh my goodness, how radiant is her joy. In less than four and a half months, she will be Mrs. Jodi BOSTROM!
I can not begin to describe how amazing this couple is and sources of encouragement they both have been in my own life! As individuals, Jodi and Grant are each firmly rooted in the Lord, which makes their relationship strong and unshakable. They both have a heart for the Lord, His kingdom, and the church. Grant just graduated from Northwestern this past semester and will be starting seminary sometime in the near future. I can not wait to see how the Lord will use Grant and his ministry to glorify Him and lead others along the path to knowing Him and more of His heart! He already is such a faithful servant - Grant has such a passion for people and sharing with them the joy of Christ. Just a couple days ago, Grant blessed me with a "5 course meal"/packet of encouraging and uplifting promises, songs, and words of the Lord!
And don't even get me started on Jodi! I met this amazing woman freshman year in a bible study. We decided to live together (with a couple of my other closest friends - Sarah and Chana) sophomore year. While we had some brawls and silly arguments (which were over STUPID things, in retrospect, haha), it has been neat to see how close we have grown. Though we've had tough times, i could not ask for a better friend. Now in our junior/senior year, we remain roomies and dear friends. God answers prayers, and God has humbled both of our hearts and taught us so so much since last year! She is such a beautifully determined, organized (cough cough OCD cough cough), silly and kind woman so in love with our Lord and her "honey" ;).
This morning, I was talking to my mentor about how God's hand is so apparent in my living situation this year. Near tears, I was so in awe and so grateful - He has richly blessed me with Jodi, Rachel, and Grant & Jodi's beautiful and steadfast relationship. I could not ask for better friends.
I can not wait to see Jodi and Grant truly become one - a triple-braided cord, on June 26, 2010! It's coming up so fast. Truly, truly is God bringing me and teaching me how precious it is to share in the joy of others! Jodi and Grant's JOY is overflowing! As Jodi tried on wedding dresses today (and has pretty much found THE ONE) the light in her eyes, the joy in her smile, and that "bridal radiance" people so often speak of ;) was so apparent! The next four months will be full of celebration, planning, and excitement for her and Grant (and Rachel and I as we tag along ;P) - BRING IT ON!!!
Jodi Kristina, you will (and do) make a beautiful bride! My prayer for you, during this time, is that you continue to seek the Lord with all Your heart. As you and Grant become one, may your relationship remain so steadfast on Him. May your marriage represent the bridegroom of Christ and His church - that unfailing and unconditional love and covenant. May your relationship richly bless those around you. During the tough times, may you turn to the Lord and find peace, trusting in His sovereignty and goodness. Serve the Lord with all you are, all you and Grant are. May your lives and this marriage point to Him! Glorify Him!! I love you dearly and can not wait to see the mysterious and glorious ways in which the Lord will work throughout yours and Grant's new life. :)
Where you go I will go, and where you stay i will stay. Your people will be my people, and your God my God. - Ruth 1:16

3 comments:

  1. YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAY CONGRATS JODI :) I am sooooo excited for her!!!! Now we REALLY all need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo cute!! how did he propose??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ria, yes we DO!! When works for you in the next couple weeks, lovie?!

    Linds - Jodi left thinking they were headed to a movie in her hometown. Somehow, Grant got her to her house and she saw candles and roses through the window. Everyone was gone, except grant, so when she walked down the stairs and peeked her head around the corner where Grant was waiting. He had written her a beauitiful letter (and decorated it too) and tried to get down on his knee but apparently Jodi was hugging him so it was awkard (so i hear hahahaha)...when he got on his knee, she whispered yes. And the whole thing was recorded on tape!! :) You'll have to ask her sometime for the fuller story :)

    ReplyDelete