Monday, April 5, 2010

My Everything

God, my God, in an instant You dry the bitter tears that flow out of a broken heart.
And in the next moment, Your power, Your love moves me to tears and I weep at Your feet.

You save me and You rescue me from flames of affliction;
yet You refine me in the flame, my faith more precious than gold to You.

In You, I am an heiress, I am clean, I can not be conquered. I am all of this while still a worthless sinner.

What love is this? How great are You, Lord. In my struggles, over my sorrows, You reign. In my pain, there You are. In my triumph, in my joy, when i seek You, when I turn away from You, You are there.

The Orchestrator. Valiant Ruler. Lover. Comforter. Good Shepard. Breath of Life. My everything.
In everything good and true.

You can not be shaken, Lord. You are the firm foundation. The true source of hope. I put my hope in You. I look to You and You alone. I fix my eyes upon You, do not let me waiver. It is You. It is You. My everything. The ruler of my heart.

"Our trust in Jesus grows as we shift from making self-concious efforts to be good to allowing ourselves to be loved as we are (not as we should be). The Holy Spirit moves us from the head to the heart, from intellectual cognition to experiential awareness. An inward stillness pervades our being, and the time of prayer is characterized by less rational reflection and speaking and more contemplative quiet and listening. Self absorption fades into self-forgetfulness, as we fix our gaze on the brightness of the Lord. In the words of Paul, "We are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him" (2 Cor. 3:18 The Message). -Brennan Manning [Ruthless Trust, 92-93]

No comments:

Post a Comment