Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wordless Thanksgiving II: Chicago and 'My Place'





Into your hand i commit my spirit; you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God -Psalm 31:5



















Prove me, O Lord, and try me;
test my heart and my mind.
For your steadfast love is before my eyes,
and i walk in your faithfulness.

- Psalm 26:2-3









"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose trust is in the Lord.
He is like a tree planted by water,
that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes,
for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of the drought,
for it does not cease to bear fruit"
-Jeremiah 17:7-8

2 comments:

  1. Kate,

    I loved this post because it was like I could peacefully sit in the word of God. Favorite verse of this post:

    Prove me, O Lord, and try me;
    test my heart and my mind.
    For your steadfast love is before my eyes,
    and i walk in your faithfulness.
    - Psalm 26:2-3

    And there are two super awesome photos that I really love from above! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jod,
    I am so glad this brought you peace. The Lord is the greatest source of peace, huh? It's crazy the kind of peace He brings. I hope you are feeling better. It's so hard to see you so low and not feeling well. I miss you greatly. We need to keep you healthy. I think when you get better, we'll have to make a work out routine, eat super healthy and ban any sweets in this apartment ;). That Psalm is one of my favorites. God revealed it to me in spending time with HIm last week and it's just been the prayer of my heart since. May we ask the Lord to test our hearts and minds so we can truly take in and see His STEADFAST LOVE and how faithful He is :). Love you.

    ReplyDelete