Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wordless Thanksgiving...sort of

I love the idea of blog posts that are solely pictures - pictures i've taken, artistic shots, recent happenings, photos that bring me joy...the works. So, picture-only posts may come up more often. This 'wordless' post is full of the blessings and fun times i've captured in the past three weeks :). I had the honor of taking engagement pictures for a beautiful couple and brother and sister in Christ: Luke Olsen and his fiance Macai. I went to Hawaii with the family. I went on a night photo shoot with my dear friend Kelli. A quick overnight trip to spend some time with my cousin at St Bens. I spent some time with two beautiful ladies who have absolutely touched my heart - Emily and Kylie :).

But i would also like to post a prayer my counselor showed me on Friday that brought me to tears. It's so where i'm at, it's my plea and the prayer that God has been preparing me for. I hope it reaches anyone of you in a similar place, those of you in need of letting go of something :)

The Welcoming Prayer
(Gently become aware of your body and your interior state)

Welcome, welcome, welcome
I welcome everything that comes to me in thi moment
because i know it is for my healing.
I welome all thoughts, feelings, emotions,
persons, situations and conditions.

I let go of my desire for security.
I let go of my desire for approval.
I let go of my desire for control.

I let go of my desire to change any
situation, condition,
person, or myself.

I open to the
love and presence of God
and
the healing action and grace within.
-Mary Mrozowski (1925-1993)
The creator and spiritual mother of the welcoming prayer practice


1 comment:

  1. KATY!
    Your pictures are AMAZING! If you lived closer, I'd definitely say that we would need to go on a random photo shoot! :) haha. Hope you are having an awesome weekend...praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete