Monday, April 26, 2010

Watercolor



Oh my goodness, how i have missed painting. I took a class in high school and LOVED it! But it's one of those things i didn't have much "time for" after the class ended. I'm sick of the busy body-ness this world has come to accept and encourage - always needing to be on the move or working or doing SOMETHING. What about our passions? I've been hoping to learn the guitar (hoping since a mission trip to Poland), grow in photography, paint, and read MORE - as many books as i possibly can before i die. Many of these passions and acts of worship have been put on the back burner, as i've grown accustom to this busy life.



So tonight, I finally bought some water colors and sweet water color paper and painted. I spent time listening to worship and went to town. It is SO amazing. I feel the Lord calling me to stay off facebook for awhile, and just focus on Him. Seriously, what a conviction - facebook satisfies me in a way. It's a place to connect and "get filled" almost, by connecting with people. But i can get so lost in the facebook world (as many of you do too ;P) - when i could spend that time lost in my Savior and dwelling in Him.



Painting is so...symbolic. It takes time and patience. It requires vision. The painting comes together slowly - as you add each brilliant color, and allow the water to seep together, colors colliding and mixing and filling the page. Each form takes shape, slowly but surely. The painting becomes more and more complete as you work on it, spend tedious hours pouring out your heart and your mind and hoping your vision comes to life. Sometimes, your painting is not quite what you imagined. Sometimes, it's better. But either way, it's a work of art. An original. Can you picture our Creator God 'painting' us, the water color? The Potter behind His wheel, shaping us and refining us until we are a useful and sturdy vessel? Something to marvel at, something that reflects the Creator Himself?




Lord, create in me a clean heart. Be the Potter at Your wheel. You want it all. Teach me to slow down and rest in You. Give me a passion to seek you and dwell in Your steadfast love. There is no place I'd rather be. Thank you for art - for painting, for photography, for music, for worship. Thank You for creativity, a tiny taste of You - the most creative and imaginative Artist.



P.S. I'm graduating in two weeks and can't even believe it!! The Lord is merciful and the only source of strength that could've possibly gotten me through!


2 comments:

  1. 1. Your painting is AWESOME! God has blessed with such a cool cool talent!
    2. Congrats on graduating!! How exciting! :) Do you have big plans post-graduation?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTY that springs from pain! What a tribute to God, my love.

    ReplyDelete