Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Running, Relief and New Starts

One of my new favorite songs: You are Faithful, sung by Jesus Culture/Kim Walker

Back to school, back to school! At the start of a new semester, I am usually feeling a mixture of things - anxiety, nervousness, excitement, the normal feelings. It's always hard knowing you're leaving a relaxing vacation and the comfort of home to head back to a busy season. But today, as i'm eating lunch and spending time in the word, I'm surprised that i'm not feeling one way or another. It's my last semester as an undergrad, my last first day in a sense. Though i know 20 credits will bring a time of busyness, i feel such a peace that can only come from Him. He has delivered me time and time again; i can only entrust this semester and each day to Him. And my dear roomies (Miss Rachel and Jodi) make it so much easier:


Running has become a new...passion? hobby? activity? of mine. (Not quite sure what to call it yet, as it's only been a few days haha :)) People keep asking me why i got into it or why i started running - mostly out of disbelief, i think. But it's such a release. I am SUCH an overthinker and tend to over analyze situations. Running helps me clear my head. I LOVE LOVE listening to worship as i run. It seriously keeps me going and it's such a way to spend time with our amazing Creator! Though i still think, at this point, that marathon runners who put themselves through that pain and awkward chafing (haha) are still a little extreme, i can understand the beauty and the passion behind runners. I'm hoping hoping to be disciplined enough to run 5 days a week, and continue throughout the semester. Thank you GOD for running - even if i do get winded after a few steps :)
One of my new favorite places: Crystal Lake Boat Launch in Apple Valley/Bville

I can not think of a better way to end such a random post than with the words of the brilliant Oswald Chambers from today's My Utmost: "Abram went through thirteen years of silence, but in those years all of his self-sufficiency was destroyed. He grew past the point of relying on his own common sense. Those years were a time of discipline, not a period of God's displeasure. There is never any need to pretend that your life is filled with joy and confidence; just wait upon God and be grounded in Him (see Isaiah 50:10-11).


No comments:

Post a Comment