Friday, January 1, 2010

Worshipping in the New Year


My one and only New Year's Resolution: Create a blog. More specifically, create a blog that reflects on the blessings, works and wonders of the Lord. How i see Him moving in my life and the lives of others. The questions and uncertainties i have, the mysteries and beauty of faith and life in Him. Ultimately, my New Year's Resolution is to glorify Him over anything and everything else.

What a blessing and honor it was to ring in the New Year, helping lead worship with two lovely women (Amanda Davis and Bryten Reuter) at God's Barn. What an amazing place! It had been about four years since i had visited God's Barn - boy, was i in AWE at how God has worked in that place and in the people. He has given the Leebins an extraordinary gift and hearts so on fire and ready to serve anyone that walks through the doors. I must admit, i was a bit surprised when i walked in, ready to worship, and saw less than 15 people there. I caught myself thinking, 'Alright God, small crowd. What are you planning?' But nonetheless, we worshipped together. We came to the Heart of Worship, sang to our Savior, and brought in the New Year worshipping our Creator! Afterwards, a few people shared their testimonies and how God had broken down hard hearts, healed and forgiven. We had the opportunity to lay hands on and welcome a woman in to knowing and accepting Christ. She kept saying, "I just want MORE." I got this image of a small flame she had once hidden and suppressed with alcohol and temporary escapes, being uncovered and yearning to be fed. She had a craving for MORE, to know Him more. Already, she was aware that the Lord causes everything to work together for our good (Romans 8:28). I am so EXCITED to see where her new passion for Him, this new life and new year will lead her. How her history, her hurt, her struggles and overcoming of addictions will BLESS those around her. This woman is exactly why there were less than 15 people present. The environment was intimate and welcoming and the Lord prompted her to share and receive healing and NEW LIFE!

Mmm, what an amazing start. Though i had apprehension when agreeing to help with worship, i trusted Him. God's Barn is the place, four very short years ago, i had been getting to know and grow in relationship with the man i thought was the love of my life. How haunting memories can be. But, one thing the Lord has been teaching me in the process of healing and letting go, is that when we are obedient to Him, he is able to work and truly blesses us. I went to worship. Instead of being bombarded by painful memories, I saw restoration, healing and beauty in the lives of many! God's Barn isn't just a place i met a wonderful man, it's a place that God works and moves. Heals and refines.

So, welcome 2010. Hello, blog. Here, i will behold the Beloved. Marvel at His works. 2009 has led me to a desert time, where the Lord has been maturing my heart. Teaching me the beauty of obedience, weakness and His relentless, unconditional LOVE.

Since i am a lover of photography, music, and words, I hope to include a song, lyrics, scripture and/or a picture with every post. My prayer for you all, is that you come back to the heart of worship:

"I'm coming back to the heart of worship, and it's all about You, it's all about You, Jesus. I'm sorry Lord, for the thing i've made it. When it's all about You, it's all about You."


No comments:

Post a Comment