Saturday, January 2, 2010

Traveling

Mm, traveling. One of my most favorite things. My dream is to live simply and spend all my money on seeing the world. Forget the big house, the nice cars, and the "American dream". I want to see the world and stand in awe of the beauty, the people, the different ways of life. Every time i go someplace, i am reminded of the Lord's splendor. His visions, His arts - it's so apparent in the landscapes and places. Anywhere you go! I LOVE standing in front of an ocean, walking along the beach and admiring the vastness - our God is HUGE! I have yet to spend a long period of time in a country, but it is one of my dreams.
My dad has worked for the airlines for years and years, so my family has been blessed with free airline tickets and being able to travel a TON! As the new year began, I was reflecting on the places i had been over the past year alone. My next trip: Jamaica on TUESDAY! Two of my dearest friends are about to start their life together and getting married on the BEACH. Ah, what a blessing it will be to share in their special day! Check out Chana and Zach's blog here.

Here are the places i've been since December 2008:
New Zealand - December 2008 (with the family)

Australia - December 2008

Spain (Barcelona, Madrid, Toledo) - March 2009, to visit my best friend, Sarah
Copper Falls & Duluth - July 2009 (with three of my best friends: Allison, Cassie and Kim)
Sanibel Island, Florida - August 2009 (with my brother and dad)
San Francisco, California - October 2009 (with my cousin Lindsey)

Pacem in Terris - December 2009 (a hermitage/retreat center)

Hawaii - December 2009 (with my dad)
Thank you, God for the splendors and sites of this world!

"Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
Your justice like the ocean depths.
You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.
How precious is your unfailing love, O God!
All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of Your wings!"
-Psalm 36:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment